Monday, January 4, 2010

Broken Silence - US (the U.S.) versus the Terrorist...Its Chess not Checkers



I hate that something like this inspired me to post again. But I guess I am just following suit. It takes blood to be shed for us to get the point - or does it. The terrorist attack on the Detroit Delta Flight and on the CIA base in Afghanistan. Shootings at Ft. Hood, the Holocaust Museum, and the Federal courthouse in Las Vegas. Even people crashing the Presidential State Dinner not once but 3 times - in the same night?!? - This has been beyond ridiculous for awhile but now its public and embarrassing. Didn't that used to be enough - where is our pride - or even better our common sense?

The current security measures used by the Dept. of Homeland Security, TSA and other government agencies is a FARCE - comparable to the shenanigans on "Jersey Shore" or other comical "reality shows" (anyone remember that "Homeland Security" reality show?). The equipment out there that is supposed to keep us safe from terrorism and violence? Complete BS! Those x-ray machines detecting weapons or explosive chemicals -is like trying to cook Thanksgiving Dinner with an "Easy Bake Oven".





And to top it off - the PROFILING.... HOW DUMB CAN YOU GET!!!

Aside from being completely racist its completely ineffective. Why? Because you have to disclose what the profile is in order to justify it. Even if you didn't - it would take about 48 hours for the whole world to know what the profile is. (We just don't live in a "Top Secret" world anymore - lets be honest). Once they know what the profile is? - they change what/who they send at us IDIOTS. The only way to be fair, consistent and effective is to NOT profile and to check EVERYONE the same way. EACH TIME EVERY TIME. I don't care that it will take 3 hours longer to be at the Airport - that's what magazines and ipods are for. I don't care if you FEEL inconvenienced you - you can't FEEL anything if you dead. Or better yet I am not trying to FEEL the burning of my flesh from the flames of a bomb or it pierced by some nuts vengeful bullets. If I can live - I can wait. And so can you. If you can't - do us all a favor and drive - we don't want you bitching in line anyway.

Now I ripped on the technology we do have...(because it sucks).. But there is stuff out there that could do better. But we can't use it because people are whining about not wanting somebody to see them naked. Get over it. I'd rather they see people like this:



Than like this:



Sorry to be so graphic - but I think thats the problem. People aren't visualizing whats the alternative to really beefing up security.

We have people hired and trained to gather intelligence. I need them to get on top of their game and REALLY start connecting the dots - in ADDITION (vs. instead of) to adding real 100% screening methods by our security personnel. If you can tell me who a guy was communicating with via email within hours of them committing a violent act -that means you knew it advance. I really believe that. Stop stockpiling information and use it proactively for something. Its not intel if its after the fact - its history. History never saved anybody until they learned from it. You get a lead FOLLOW-UP ON IT- and find out if ANYBODY else knows anything about it. This inter-department secrecy is a #fail - and its making people looking bad - in the deadly sense of the word.

I'm feeling better now that I've vented. But I don't feel safe. Think about it.

2 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

I'm completely with you on this post. You can't demand more security and in the same breath complain about the wait caused by more security. Terrorist come in all shapes and sizes, lest we forget OK City that was terrorized by a white man. We have all gotten to comfortable with all our freedoms and expect the government to protect even though we have schemed every tax break to get a full refund of our tax dollars and then some. We need to get serious about what we really want and stop bs-ing. Its due time to let our intelligence agencies do their jobs and stop tying their hands behind their backs. And I'm not talking torture, I'm talking proaction versus reaction.