Friday, May 8, 2009

Violence Daily - Innoncence Lost



I was reading commentary posted by a close friend of mine regarding ANOTHER senseless act of violence last night. (3 men killed in drive-by after leaving a club). I was compelled to comment (See below) - but it left the question in my head - like what drives people to kill? Really what is THAT important? Even the wars of the last 50 years can't really pull together a consensus on whether or not all those lives lost were done for a "worth cause". That's not to cheapen their sacrifice at all - let me be clear about that. But I am just saying its easy to quote major questions as to the purposes of those conflicts.

I am posting this video because I think it illustrates what really motivates all of this - money. Not the lack thereof - but rather a true profit pursuit. By any means necessary - at the cost of - well - not whatever but whomever.

Lord of War - Introduction - 720p from Renan Muraga on Vimeo.



Here at home our culture has lost its way in so many ways and become so lame beyond belief. Dudes have no honor, no drive, no education - only ego - and easily bruised ones at that.

My family too was touched by senseless violence almost a year ago - and I hate to say it but I still look at many of my brothers and sisters as beyond reach.

A nation of cowards AND idiots - We have SO much to celebrate these days. Instead people would rather eliminate each other for the dumbest reasons - all kinds of things that can be replaced , money, property, pride. What do they take instead ? The one thing that can't be replaced - life.

No need to say more just pray more.

E.

No comments: