Monday, September 14, 2009

Clipse feat Pharrell



This might be my new joint for a while. I have always liked this group lyrically except when it comes to content. I haven't seen any parts of a trap house and while they always impressed me with their intricate rhymes - I think they were often "trapped" talking about cocaine cowboy type escapades.

Well they may have returned to the spotlight on this one and taken the hint on the way. This is a nice groove not to far off their hit formula (i.e. Pharell on the hook) but just far enough (minimal drug references) to get them on the shelf at Target. I have to say though do do have a flow on this song (haven't heard any album yet) more reminiscent of Plies. If I were into gambling - I'd bet on a diss record sometime soon. In the meantime - enjoy the record.

No comments: