Monday, November 3, 2008

A fitting tribute... RIP Madelyn Dunham (Grandmother of Barack Obama) -[video]



I am pretty sure that everyone can relate to the genuine desire to impress your parents and your family. Well tragically Barack Obama's last living parental influence has passed away. Though her story and her accomplishments as a woman, citizen, mother and a grandmother will live on in history books - its still a sad thought to think she won't be able to witness this great day we have upon us.

It really goes to show that you need to give flowers to people while you can. Tell them you love them and show them you love them while you can. I think about my grandparents that have passed on - and how I would have liked for them to have met my future wife or the kids I may one day be blessed with - and its sad that they won't. So I can feel Sen. Obama when he lets a tear fall to deal with the pain of loss- we understand.

Its interesting with all of the "he thinks he's the messiah" comments from the likes of Rush Limbaugh and others - I wonder what they are saying now? when he has this very human moment. I hope they at least have enough respect to not mock this moment or its sincerity. And us? What are we going to do.. I say we lift him up - make tomorrow the climax of one of the greatest stories in American history. Not just the story of Barack Obama - but of Madelyn Dunham as well.

I just wanted to comment and send my condolences out in my own way - like so many others. At first I just thought it sucked that she didn't make it to see tomorrow. But actually seeing this speech moved me to tears. So I gotta say something about the moments that move me.

If you can't see the video above use the link below:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U5oMY6_kCoo

No comments: