Thursday, March 12, 2009

AWWW HELL NAW! - This is not how you RSVP to a wedding!





Ok so I am posting this.. but I am not BROADCASTING this one like I normally do. But whatever. Anyway Aliah and I are getting our wedding invites back as of last week and enjoying opening them up seeing who can and can't make the trip and who at least took the time to let us know. We appreciate it - really.

But today - I get the mail and there is this big YELLOW envelope addressed to me - and its slightly transparent so I am thinking - What kind of dummy wouldn't just use the RSVP envelope we sent? Right?

So I open it and find all of what you see in the picture above. Not only did this person TEAR UP our precious invitation (these were NOT cheap!), they took the time to sit down TYPE and PRINT a FULL PAGE BIG TEXT NOTE insulting the thought that we even invited them. THEN they put it in a big yellow envelope and used 2 MORE stamps to send it back to us in disdain (and they are not gangster because it would have been if they would have used the stamp from the RSVP note to do it -now THAT would have been gangster!).

So I am looking at this and there is a part of me that feels like I should be REALLY offended. But surprisingly I am just stuck at "wow" and "for real?" and "seriously?". Its another one of those "who does this?" kind of moments. I mean its funny really (I already called Aliah and had a BIG LAUGH about this one) - but then again, its not because at the end of the day its still at its core - rude.

I am sure the person that did this is well aware of it too. Because for all of the tearing and pasting and taping. They made SURE to not send the addressee piece of the envelope back to us -so we wouldn't figure out who did it. But that sad part about that is..they sent just enough for us to piece it all together (pun intended).

Anyway. I vented. I feel better now.

2 comments:

Single Girl N Da City said...

Like really that was hella hella rude! Who puts that much time and energy into negativity. This just goes to show that there are so many coward and fake people in the world. There loss because they will miss out on one of the best weddings! If the person is reading this, I will definately walk it out in honor of your negativity....Better yet you have already been given too much air time. Haters hate on. MUAH!

Much love to you and Aliah B.

Phillice

Raquita said...

do not worry about people who hate like this - they live an unhappy life and are tryin to bring your to their level of unhappy.

I am impressed that they took the time to do all that but didn't have the balls to let you know who they were.. it would have meant a little more to me if they had been upfront about who they were.