Thursday, June 25, 2009

RIP Michael Jackson. Gary Indiana - Stand UP!



You know how you wake up one day - and you never know what you are gonna get? Today is one of those days. I can honestly say I wasn't expecting this today. I was looking forward to getting old (I mean real old) before I'd see this day. Yet here it is - and I don't know what to say.

I mean its something alone that the passing of a person moves me or anybody for that matter to comment. But I am POSITIVE that I am not the only person this has affected. Not by a long shot. Thats says something too - that someone that means (not meant) to soooo many people - how many people work hard to matter to a few people. This man was loved by the whole world -almost literally.

One of my earliest memories is going to see Michael Jackson in concert. I think it was 1984 at the Meadowlands in New Jersey (home to the NFL's New York Jets) - and it was the Victory Tour- all of the Jacksons together (even RANDY!). I loved it.


I guess the fact that I even remember something that happened 25 years ago so vividly tells the whole story. My Dad (another Gary native) took me to see the show. It was really odd as I watched the news and music channels shows and all these reporters and great artists were calling in - and some of them saying they never got to see him perform live in person. That makes this memory in particular mean even more 25 yeras later!

Anyway - I want to say that you should cherish your legends and find them as inspiration. To be a legend in your own right.

RIP Michael Jackson. 4ever in our hearts.

Here is my favorite MJ Video

No comments: